You may be familiar with the classic Birkenstock range but many are unaware of the Birkenstock EVA collection. This collection is made from a lightweight and flexible material called EVA which stands for Ethyl Vinyl Acetate. It is a non-toxic synthetic compound that is shock absorbent, water, oil and grease resistant. Although the footbed material is not the classic Birkenstock cork and suede, it still offers contoured arch support and comfort.
Many of our customers love to wear their EVAs to the beach due to them being waterproof. They are perfectly lightweight for your beach bag, are anatomically shaped for ultimate supportive, skin friendly and can be walked in water when taking a beach stroll making them the perfect beach sandal.
Some customers use their EVAs for around the gym and after workouts. Others choose to wear them as their camping sandals or to potter in the garden on those warm summer days. They can be worn for a variety of activities and occasions however, they are not designed for regular use on concrete or pavement as this will impact their longevity.
Customers should note a number of key care recommendations when it comes to the EVA. Listed below is some important care information.
- They must not be left in direct sunlight (will fade and shrink from the sun otherwise).
- We always tell customers that these are not the same as a classic Birkenstock. They are designed for a specific purpose.
- They are not designed for regular use on concrete or paved surfaces.
- They are not designed for lengthy walks or to be worn for long periods of time.
- If they need cleaning, simply wash them in water/wipe with a soft cloth.
- The EVA range fit the same as the classic Birkenstock range. For example, I wear a size 38 regular in the classic Birkenstock range therefore I wear a size 38 regular in the EVA. If they are a narrow fitting EVA I will size up to a 39.
- Customers may get some rubbing with the EVA to begin with however, they will soften and get more comfortable. Slowly wear them in and for short periods of time.