The Meindl Island Lady MFS Active is a mid height trekking boot.
- Category B/C- for ambitious trekking in low alpine ranges and on fixed rope routes (light irons possible).
- Upper Material - Nubuck leather
- Lining - GORE-TEX®
- Performance Comfort Footwear Footbed - Air-Active® Soft Print drysole
- Sole - Vibram Multigriff® by Vibram®
- Weight - Approx. 700g per shoe
This 100% waterproof, Gore-Tex lined boot has integrated pronation and supination zones which promote correct posture and support. The air pumping and moisture drainage system is activated by the motion of the boot when flexed. Synthetic mesh is glued to the leather upper, holding the leather in shape, wet or dry, meaning no more 'blow outs' in you boots. The 'flexi-hinge' sewn into the boots at the heel allows for more freedom of movement for general heel and toe walking. Inside the boot MFS moldable foam lining ensures the perfect fit for every foot shape and reduces foot movement which reduces friction and blisters. Above the Vibram® Multi Grip sole is a 2cm wide rubber bumper strip (rand) which protects the leather upper at its widest point from damage from sharp rocks etc.
No other trekking boot has won more awards during the last 20 years as the Meindl "Island"